Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The art of the music video: OK Go

I'm generally a fan of many art disciplines from theater to visual art to film. But, as a art buff with a limited budget and never enough time, I've sort of placed music lower on my priority list for things I spend time on. In other words, I've not bought any new music in probably 10 years and I rarely go to see live music.

I'm no connoisseur of music, as I've already stated, but I like OK Go's music. Even more, I do fully appreciate their music videos. For a fun behind-the-scenes, Nerdist (fun podcast for tech and comedy nerds) did a nice podcast with the OK Go guys here.

They've just released their newest video - freakin' gorgeous stop motion toast animation for their song Last Leaf. Check it out:


Last Leaf

OK Go | Myspace Music Videos


Other favorites...

That awesome Rube Goldberg machine one, for This Too Shall Pass:



And then there's that other This Too Shall Pass, the original I believe, featuring the University of Notre Dame's marching band:



Finally, one of the earlier amazing videos, Here it Goes Again:

No comments: