Thursday, October 28, 2010

Slings and Arrows, for the arts administrator

To ring in the new Gregorian year, I'd like to recommend this series...


I stumbled across Slings and Arrows somehow. Someone along the way recommended it to me (thank you, whoever you are!!) and I've finally finished the three seasons on DVD. A perfect show for those arts administrators amongst us, the delightful comedy extolls the foibles, earnestness, absurdity and glory of bringing arts to the people.

It follows the creative and administrative teams at the fictional "New Burbage Festival," a Shakespeare festival, not unlike our fine state's Oregon Shakespeare Festival (though I believe it's really modeled after the Stratford Festival.) Complete with lots of great Shakespeare, star-crossed lovers, intrigue, ghosts and great accents - thank you Canadians for your most excellent comedy!

No comments: