Sunday, May 3, 2009

sweet shamelessness

Time for some shameless promotion.

First me...

Here's some recent audio work I've done at KBOO Community Radio. I've been part of the APA Compass Collective for the last couple of years. I also recently started a new pilot show with S.W. Conser called Behind the Screen focusing on local filmmakers and festivals.
I also write for the Asian Reporter. Here are a few of my recent opinion pieces:

Now to brag about my friends' projects...
  • My friend Sarah Liane Foster is a brilliant clown. Check out her new solo show The Last Show You'll Ever See playing later this month at Curious Comedy Theater in NE Portland.
  • I know a bunch of folks involved with the live soap opera Soap St. Theater including creator/director/writer Eric Martin Reid, musician Ralph Huntley (of Live Wire! and Super Project Lab fame) and actors Adrienne Flagg (also Creative Director at IFCC and founder/artistic director of Portland Theatre Brigade), Jennifer Lanier (also a Portland Theatre Brigade teacher) and Sean McGrath (another LiveWire! cast member).
  • My friend Risa Morimoto's documentary is airing nationally on PBS's Independent Lens this week for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. The film is called Wings of Defeat, which reveals the true stories of World War II Kamikaze pilots. Check your local PBS listings for exact times.
  • A bunch of friends and colleagues organize and are taking part in the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival going on right now. It's their 25th Anniversary! Congrats folks!
  • Levi Ethan Cecil is a musician I know (and also a dj on KBOO - his show is Midnight Mixtape) who's doing something very grassroots to try and get his CD released. Check out his website to learn more.
Okay, that's it for now. I'm sure there will be more later!

Day 3 of NaBloPoMo done.

No comments: